New things + photos

August 17th, 2010

When fiance and I moved into our new house, there were several things we wanted to buy. We have a really old couch that should be replaced. We don’t even have a dining table. However, the moment we saw our 40″ LCD TV in our new family room… it looked too small. Getting a new TV got bumped up as top priority. Yeah, our priorities… they’re not always practical.

So, a week ago, we finally bought a new TV and stand. It’s a 55″ edge-lit LED TV =D We love it so far, and I think it’s the perfect size for our family room.

new TV

This past weekend, we decided to go to Ikea to get other things we wanted. We went on Saturday, which was an awful idea. It was way too crowded, so we bought a few wall shelves and picture frames and bolted out of there. They’re for these 2 alcoves. I’ve been trying to figure out how to decorate them, and I think adding shelves would help.

Wall alcoves

We also went to see Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, which we loved. I thought it was such a funny movie; there was never a dull moment. If you’re the type who will think it’s stupid because it’s overdone with a lack of story, then… you probably don’t want to see it. If you’re willing to turn your brain off and just enjoy the humor and visuals, then I’d recommend it.

I also saw a friend that I haven’t really seen since college. He’s awesome at photography and was excited to know I have a DSLR now. We’ve decided to start going out to take photos together. We met up on Sunday at the Umlauf Sculpture Garden. Here are a few photos I took:

Icarus

Young Girl

The rest can be seen on my Flickr! We’re hoping to do this often. We just need to think of more places to go :3

14 Responses to “New things + photos”

• Isha says:

We also have a 40″ LCD but I think that’s enough for our living room. Your living room must be really big! :) Hope you could take a photo of your new home :)

And the wall with those plush stuff is sooooo adorable! ♥

• Cat II says:

*sigh* Why is it that you have all the nice toys? 55″ TV + Wii… *drools*

Hope you take more pictures of your home. I’d love to see all of the other stuff you’ve got!

I love the kirby plushies you have in your alcove! So cute!
    Mmmm, maybe if you like plants, you could put a vase with some real/fake flowers in the alcoves? Or maybe some artwork?

• Chiui says:

Cool shots! I’d love to see more but Flickr is blocked here in our country ;_;
    OOH cool TV! :D I want a Led tv ;_;

• Tina says:

Love the pictures! The photography sessions with your friend must be fun!

lol, your living room’s so big you had to buy a new TV? I think we have a 37″ or 47″ TV, so your 55″ sounds huge. D:

I’ve only heard good things about Scott Pilgrim, I’ve also seen the trailer and it looks overdone with lots cartoony text-effects and sounds, but it was so cool : D

• Sutaru says:

I absolutely LOVE your comment about your 40″ TV being too small for your living room. You guys are just too funny. Those pictures that you took are pretty artsy, haha. The color in them is gorgeous too.

• Keng says:

i like those alcoves you have! along with all the kirby plushes, hee, they’re so cute. :3

as for your photos, yay bokeh! hahaha. i’ve had a dslr for a while now, but was always too busy to really learn it, up until some months ago. at least now i don’t rely on the auto mode, haha XD

• Pauline says:

So, did you buy the shelves yet?

• kibumie says:

it’s good to see a friend whom you haven’t seen now and again. and that’s some awesome photography. Especially the second one. I haven’t seen the movie, but I want to check it out since it’s kinda animeish.. OMG, you’ve got such a huge flat screen.. Wish you luck with decorating your house :) It’s good to check out some interior magazines to find an inspiration and a theme. :D

• connie says:

ooh, i really like those alcoves! and shelves would be great! what color shelves are they going to be? :D and i haven’t been to IKEA in years, but i do remember it being insanely crowded the last time i was there. and that there was a kid’s area or something! and i really wanted to go…

• Lizz says:

I really like the alcoves! I bet some paintings or framed posters would look really nice in there. Or shelves too.

• Jessica says:

To begin with, I had to smile when I read about your new tv. Your fianceé and you sound like several people that I know in real life.

As for the going to Ikea on a Saturday, I’ve never been to an Ikea before. :( I think that the closest one to my hometown is 2 or 3 hours away.

I think that shelves would be a great idea for decorating the alcoves. You could also get a cushion made and turn one into a bench for the entrance, but I’d guess that depends on how close they are to the entrance. Hm. :)

I am wanting to go see Scott Pilgrim…but I have a feeling that I’d be more interested in the books.

• Tammy says:

LOL too small? I think the one I have at home is a 48 or something like that. So many Kirby toys :D Your house looks like there’s so much room to decorate. Hope your next trip to Ikea will be more fruitful.

The pictures look awesome. The sculptures look funky. I have yet to watch Scott Pilgrim, but it looks like a fun one to watch

• Shiri says: