Weekend at the beach

September 23rd, 2011

Sorry for not being very active online lately XD;; My wedding is a couple weeks away, and I can’t believe how much there is still left to do. It’s like it’s never-ending! All of my vendors/services are booked, but there are a lot of final details to take care of.

At least I got to take a little break from it all recently. For my bachelorette party, my friends and I went to South Padre Island, so we could go to the beach. It’s about a 6 hour drive from Austin.

We set out Friday morning for the long drive. As we got close to the island, we passed by this bizarre looking shop called Bobz World. We were pretty much “wtf” at the giant shells, shark, dinosaurs, gorilla, and we thought, we need to check this out.

Unfortunately, the inside was just a bunch of touristy things for sale, so that was a let down.

To get to the island, we had to drive across a causeway, which was a long bridge. This flashing sign greeted us. (Well, I took this one as we were leaving. It was flashing when we first got there.)

Apparently when it’s windy, pelicans might fly into your car? O.o;;

We spent the rest of Friday and the beginning of Saturday at the beach by our hotel. We could see the beach from our room and just had to walk down to it, so that was nice. The weather was really great. It was sunny yet breezy, and the water temperature was perfect.

South Padre

After lunch on Saturday, we saw that there were “beach access” roads on the north side, and we decided to take a look. As we drove more north, there were less and less buildings. The beach around there had much less people! We decided to spend the rest of the day there, where we swam, flew a kite, collected shells, and even napped on the beach.

Flying a kite

We drove back on Sunday, and well, now I’m back to reality, where I have to work during the day and deal with wedding details afterward. But on the plus side, I’ll be able to see the beach again next month. We booked our honeymoon and will be spending 11 days in Hawaii! :D

(P.S. Gel is running a contest!)

13 Responses to “Weekend at the beach”

• jenn says:

wow! i love the place! i love the pictures taken. :) seeing those picture were like you were in a dreamland. haha! i think tourist thing sales is nice in such place like this. But bunch of it is like uh-oh. o.O OMG! your getting married soon! congrats and good luck! :)

• Alex says:

omga your WEDDING?! that’s amazing!!!! i wish you the best best best!! that’s super cute. TwT~~~

wow nice pics! for some reason, when i think about Texas all that comes to mind is…hot hot hot dry weather LOL but your pics prove otherwise! nicey~ wow the architecture of Bobz World is actually kinda cool *o* i like! it doesn’t seem like a tourist shop…i thought it was an amusement park at first glance :x

ahhh Hawaii! i’m SUPER JELLY! i hope you have tons of fun there too!!!

btw, i linked you up :D <3

• kibumie says:

hahaha.. pelican’s flying into your car would be an awful yet interesting experience. xD

OMG! Your wedding is near~~ I can’t wait to see wedding pictures! Super congrats.. I’m so excited for you <3 awww and, Hawaii.. a great place to be~

All pictures look great. pretty *___*

• Tricia says:

Nice nice photos! Looks like a lovely place! :)

HAWAII? OHMYGAHD. One of my dream vacation place!

• nyuu says:

I can’t give over how amazing your photos are…it’s always soooo pretty and in perfect lighting!

Ahh, I hope you get everything done and in order for your wedding!!! It must be very stressful, but that’s what are bridesmaids are for? Hehe good luck :D

Haha, Bobz World definitely went all out to attract tourists to come buy their merchandise, but it’s ok, I probably would’ve been too curious to pass that place up as well.

The beach looks looks lovely and it sounds like you guys had a wonderful time :) But omg, honeymoon in Hawaii sounds even more awesome!! Good luck with the wedding planning!

• Aashni says:

WOW! That looks crazy! When I read what you wrote, i couldn’t even start imaging the place, but the pictures are just HILARIOUS! lol

You look like you had a great day :)

• Aashni says:

Good luck with all the wedding planning! I’m sure you’ll have an awesome one

• Jerminix says:

Your getting married, best wishes :), hope you have a great time.
    Nice pictures you got there :D

• Danielle C. says:

Congratulations on the wedding in advance! :D It’s nice to knkow you’re having fun! And that 11 days in Hawaii sounds very very great! Have the time of your life! :)

• Shiri says:

Hawaii!!! I am so jealous. Oh and the photos are beeeautiful. Have the time of your life =)!

• Tina says:

WOW, good luck with your wedding! I don’t know what the date is but by next time you blog you’re probably happily married already xD Congratulations!

• Nagashiko says:

Bobz World looks like an amusement park from outside. Too bad they’re only selling souvenir stuffies inside.

Oh and congratulations! Can’t wait to see your wedding pictures. You’re so lucky . . .

Wow! The beach is beautiful! Here in the Philippines, most of the beaches don’t have beachfronts as wide as that anymore because resort owners built hotels and restaurants near the sea.

Don’t forget to post pictures of your wedding and honeymoon! =)