This past weekend…

February 4th, 2013

I set up my Miiverse account.
Which is Wii U’s online community. Oh, I should mention; I got a Wii U. There aren’t many Wii U games out right now that I want, so in the mean time, I’m having fun posting random doodles on the Miiverse communities. My username is PuyoDa if you’d like to follow or friend me there!

Wii U sketches

I drew a snake.
Chinese New Year is coming up! The upcoming year will be the year of the snake, so I drew one:

Snake drawing

Ever since the last year of the rooster, it’s been a yearly tradition that I draw the next zodiac animal for my mom, who sends it out as an e-card to her friends. Unfortunately, scales are kind of my weak point. I have a hard time getting that proper “scaly” look with Prismacolors =/ I prefer drawing animals with fur. I think my favorite so far was when I drew for the year of the tiger.

I totally pigged out… again.
I’m not a fan of football, but my husband and several friends are. However, I do like having friends over, which is why I don’t mind that we host a lot of the football viewing parties. And so, we hosted a Super Bowl potluck. A couple friends brought drinks and chips. One made a spinach-artichoke dip, but unfortunately, I didn’t get a photo of it before it was eaten up.

Another made pigs in a blanket:

Pigs in a blanket

Another made pulled pork:

Pulled pork

One made collard greens:

Collard greens

As for us? My husband made Cajun mac & cheese. It has Andouille sausage, bell peppers, onions, celery, jalapenos, and cayenne in it. Spicy! I suggested that he should make some sort of mac & cheese with Cajun flavors, and this is what he came up with.

Cajun mac & cheese

Then I made the dessert, Reese’s peanut butter chip cookies.

Peanut butter chip cookies

So yeah! Totally went against my weight loss goal! Everything was super tasty though, so it was worth it. I’ll just have to put more effort this week on eating healthier ;) Have a good week everyone!

27 Responses to “This past weekend…”

• Richelle says:

Wow, you’re a great artist and I think the snake looks great! The tiger is amazing though.

I’ve never really understood how the Wii U works. Normally, I keep myself updated with gaming news but I’ve been so out of it for the past year or so. From what I understand, you play games with the tablet instead of a controller?

All that food looks so amazing! I especially want to try the mac & cheese and the pigs in a blanket ( °٢° ).

There’s nothing wrong with pigging out once in a while! I reserve one “cheat day” for me, although sometimes it seems like every day is cheat day so it wouldn’t really be cheating anymore…

Thanks! The tablet thing is one of its controllers, though you only get one per Wii U. The rest of the controllers are actually just Wiimotes from the Wii.

haha, it seems the weekends have become my cheat days :)

• Jessica says:

Happy Chinese New Year! It’s coming up soon, I’m so excited! Good food T^T And I love your drawings~ I think that’s a pretty cool tradition :D I like how you gave the snake gentle eyes, instead of like evil demon eyes haha.

You can cheat during the Super Bowl! It’s allowed! At least you enjoyed the food though, it’s the worse when you don’t even like the food and you are just consuming a lot of calories for nothing. No regrets! It was worth it ;D

Happy Chinese New Year! As someone who can’t draw, that is a great snake and the scales are fine. But I can see what you’re saying, because the tiger is just so fluffy.

You’re going to have another game for the Wii U at the end of the year – The Wind Waker in HD!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a new Zelda in a year or two. Time, please fly.

P.S. I heard you can transfer Virtual Console games to the Wii U. I thought Nintendo made it so you can only play your downloads on a single device. Do you know much about this?

Happy Chinese New Year to you too! I’m excited for the Zelda games too XD

I think the single device thing is still true for the Virtual Console. The transfer service on the Wii U actually deletes everything from your Wii. That sounded scary to me, so I just left everything and copied over the save files.

I’ve not had a chance to get a real look at a Wii U, but I am a Nintendo junkie (still in love with my Nintendo 64 :P ) so I will probably end up wanting one at some point.

I’m loving the snake. I’d love to get back into drawing again but it’s been so long!

• Jessie says:

I am rather embarrassed to admit that I have never played Wii…even though I am rather interested in it. I think that you did a great job on the snake. :)

Looks yummy! I went to a Superbowl Potluck party too and even ate those yummy pigs in a blanket. It was great!

I sent out cards for the Chinese New Year because I was born in the year of the snake :D

• Becca says:

I’m not a huge fan of football at all, either, but I’m always up for an excuse to have friends over and pig out. :P All of the dishes look delicious – especially the cajun mac n’ cheese. Whenever I make it, I like to add some sriracha sauce to mine to make it kind of spicy, so that especially sounds delicious! And I love Reece’s Peanut butter cups so those cookies look like heaven! :P

• Stephanie says:

Call me a little, but I want some pigs in a blanket now!

And thanks for reminding me that Chinese New Year is coming up soon! It’s so easy to forget about it when all the Asians around you are whitewashed.

• Manda says:

All of your Super Bowl food looks so good!! The Reese’s peanut butter chip cookies in particular, mmm.

I’m also really excited for Chinese New Year this weekend. I’m hosting a dumpling party and I can’t wait :D

• Kayla says:

Ohhhh my lord, your tiger drawing is superb! I’m in love.
    Yum, all that food looks so great and now I’m starving haha glad you enjoyed yourself (and the food).

• Cami says:

I liked the tiger the best as well. ^_^

How about those Ravens! It was a pretty awesome game. At first it seemed like it would be a shut out. Have you seen all the memes for the brothers? Hilarious stuff. :D
    Looks like a pretty yummy potluck.

• Thao says:

Great drawing!

Oh man that food looks good! I do love me some food at sports watching functions. It’s ways the overly yummy-not the most healthy, but good foods that get stocked on the tables!

• Amanda says:

Your drawings are so great! Is it weird I think the snake looks really cute? I know snakes aren’t supposed to be cute… but it does look adorable. :P

Yummm @ all the food! Glad you enjoyed it. :D Good food is always a great reason to disregard diets… which is also a reason why my weight loss goals never work out (or even start).

• Liza says:

The snake looks great! I’m totally jealous of the pulled pork! That’s one of my most favorite “dishes”!

I miss being able to play on a Wii, as it was my mom who has one. Oh well, perhaps in the future. :p

• Joyce says:

Happy Chinese new year to your too Cat!! :D I love chinese new year, best time of the year when it comes to food lol :) Everything looks delicious. I love comfort wholesome type of foods too. I think as long as it is once in awhile, it is okay to have a “cheat” day or to “indulge” once in awhile! I do that too even though I would say I eat healthy majority of the time. Awesome drawing too!

Joyce @ carouselstreet.com

• nyuu says:

I wasn’t aware that it’s the snake year! Great snake drawing hehe My friend taught me how to make pigs in a blanket a few years ago. LOL but I didn’t like the meat inside it…I guess I just like the blanket O_o;

O_O I wanna try making the Cajun mac & cheese! Is it hard to make? I need to start cooking things the night before so I can bring to work for lunch D:

The base recipe of the mac & cheese isn’t hard I think, if you want me to send that to you :) The parts my husband added took a lot of prep though because of all the extra ingredients. I’m not actually sure what he did, since I wasn’t in the kitchen at the time XD;;

• tiff says:

Haha WHAT CAJUN MAC N CHEESE? I’ve never heard of that before but it sounds pretty damn amazing. The picture looks good. I should try it one of these days.

Have you tried any games Wii U yet? My boyfriend also has Wii U and so far I’ve tried ZombieU and the minigames that comes with the deluxe version. It’s pretty fun. The Wii U is like a glorified version of the DS. Ha. :D

The Cajun mac & cheese was really good :D We got the idea from one we had before in NYC at S’Mac.

And yep! I tried several while at a Wii U event, but we also have Nintendo Land and the New Super Mario Bros U. I didn’t care for Nintendo Land at first, but it’s surprisingly fun.

• Uglyfish says:

Oooh, I was looking into getting a WiiU, because there’s bound to be a Mario Kart game! I’d probably get Darksiders 2 as well. Would you say a WiiU was worth it though? Its a lot of money for not very many games…

That tiger is stunning. It looks like that pictures of new packets of pencils that you never actually believe anyone can draw – you’re so talented!

That mac and cheese has made me so hungry, I just keep looking at it =p

Mm… I’d say the Wii U is worth it if there’s games you want on it right now. Otherwise, I’d probably wait to see if the price goes down later.

And thanks! :)

• Nugget says:

I know you can play Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on the Wii U – I think you place zombies on the map with it, and the other person has to kill those zombies with the regular remote…I think. I remember seeing a video of it on YouTube.

My family celebrates Lunar New Year, but I never really got into it, even when we went to festivals…The food is always delicious, though.

The mac & cheese looks DELICIOUS.

Hm… I don’t know much about Call of Duty on the Wii U actually, but that also sounds like Zombie U? I know in that game, one person places zombies with the gamepad.

Congratulations on getting a Wii U! I hope you will enjoy it the best way possible. The only handheld gaming device I have now is the original PSP though I don’t use it anymore.

Your snake and tiger are looking pretty neat! Even though scales aren’t your thing, you still made it work with what you have here :). It’s sweet of you to draw these animals out for your mom.

Even though you’re not a fan of football, at least you enjoyed yourself with some delicious food! As long as you’re eating healthy all of the other times, you’re fine ;).

Take care!

• Leanne says:

What do you think of the Wii U? I find it interesting how Nintendo chose to market the Wii U much less. It appeared without us noticing!

Hmm.. piggies in a blanket looks good!