Holidays & Ikkicon

December 28th, 2013

I hope everyone is enjoying themselves during the holidays! Things have been pretty hectic for me! About a week before Christmas, I got sick, and I’m still trying to recover from it. Even though I don’t think I’m actually sick anymore, I still have a terrible cough that won’t go away >.<

Other than that, I’ve been spending time with both sides of the family, both mine and my husband’s. I got a lot of nice gifts too! I got things relating to my hobbies, like sewing supplies, art supplies, and gaming-related items.

christmas_gifts_2013

As for photography, well, I gifted myself something for that ;) Right after Thanksgiving, I noticed the DSLR I’ve been eyeing, the Canon 6D, dropped in price by a few hundred, so I made my move and bought it. I finally upgraded to a DSLR with a full frame sensor!

canon_dslrs

I rented this model for work once and it’s also my second Canon DSLR, so it felt familiar right away. I’ve already used it for 6 photoshoots. Ikkicon was just a couple days after Christmas, and since it’s a local Anime convention, I booked 2 days of photoshoots.

Of the 6 shoots, half were with repeat clients. It continues to make me happy when people request me again :) Here’s a photo preview from each shoot!

RedAkaFox as Rainbow Dash (My Little Pony).

Rainbow Dash

Spooky–panda and her sister as Junko and Monobear (Dangan Ronpa).

Junko and Monobear

1l037 and friend as Leon and Monobear (Dangan Ronpa).

Leon and Monobear

Madeleine as Roxy (Homestuck).

Roxy

Amburr Bryte as Akane (Dangan Ronpa 2).

Akane

Treacly-stock as Chii (Chobits).

Chii

I also used a lens I didn’t use much before, the Sigma 50mm f/1.4. It’s funny because I had focusing issues with it on my Canon 50D, but it works totally fine on my new Canon 6D. I’m really happy with how the Sigma lens did on all of these photos and might get another one now (the Sigma 85mm).

Anyway, I will try to get back to returning comments soon! Have a happy new year, everyone!

15 Responses to “Holidays & Ikkicon”

Looks like your holiday stash are awesome, and the new camera looks sweet, and the photos are smashing! I need to learn how to angle and whatnot with photography. My stuff never comes out this good!

Hope you’ve had a wonderful Christmas, and sorry to hear that you got sick :( I hope you’re feeling better now. Those are some pretty awesome gifts – it’s always nice when you get presents you actually like!

I hope you enjoyed spending your Christmas! I’m sorry to hear that you got sick last week :(. I hope you’re doing a lot better now than before. Tea + Honey + Lemon works wonders – give it a try if you can and see what happens :D.

You got some awesome gifts! It’s so cool that all of them fits with you so well~ You’re a great artist, you like Portal, gaming, and cooking! Congratulations on getting your hands on that Canon 6D! It’s a bonus that your old lens works perfectly with the new camera!

These people always find creative ways to cosplay and make it work! I’d say my favorite would be Chii out of all of these. I’m a total sucker for blonde characters in those kinds of dresses *o*.

Happy holidays!

Whoo! I love your shots from the new camera. I am glad you decided to splurge and spend some quality money on yourself. Everyone is so creative with their costumes, as per usual :D

Merry belated Christmas to you.

• Agent Q says:

Love the quality of these photos! I don’t know how you do it, but these characters and their respective backgrounds blend well together! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. You certainly deserve this new camera, after all that hard work. Happy [early] New Year to you from Houston! :)

• Shlesha says:

I hope you fully recover soon! The picture quality looks amazing and so does the Canon 6D! It’s great that you got your hands on it when the price dropped by hundreds. That’s great! Happy holidays! =D

• Becca says:

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! I hope you recover from your sickness soon – nothing worse than being sick through the holidays. :/

Yay for your new camera! I love Canons, all the cameras I’ve had have been Canons – albeit they’ve been much simpler cameras, but I’ve loved them all the same. It takes great photos (as does the person behind the camera). I hope you enjoy it!

• Amy says:

Eeeeeee!! So many sweet goodies!! I love Christmas time hahaha! (I’m such a kid)

Thank you for your kind comments! Yes my cousin couldn’t carry all her presents, I got her the biggest one which was a magnetic drawing canvas (I loved one as a kid hehe).

That’s nice that you treated yourself. Every girl should ^^ The pictures look great! :) I hope you’ll get well soon!!

My whole family were ill before Christmas. It was horrible. I hope you feel better soon. :)

Yay for Portal goodies. I particularly like the book ends. I’ve not seen them before but now I really want some!

• Amy says:

Hope you had a nice Christmas! Prismacolor markers are supposed to be amazing – I want some.

The photos are lovely – it’s great that people are asking for you.
    xx

• you got great gifts! Glad you had a happy xmas:)
    wishing you all the best for the new year!!! XOXO <3

• Kelly says:

That is awesome you got a new camera. I been wanting a DSLR too for a while and not sure which one would be good. Yours seem to take awesome pictures.

• tiff says:

Wow! It looks like you’re getting better and better each time you post your photography work.

If I lived close to you, I would totally pay you to take my pictures as well.

Keep up the awesome work and Happy New Years!

• Tess says:

Congrats on getting yourself a new camera! I know how much of a big move that takes, and especially when its a nice want… the pics turned out well, and I agree with Tiff… if I was closer, I’d pay you to do some portraits for me! :D
    Hope you have a Happy New Year!! :)

• Mija says:

Ahhhhh we still need to get Pikmin3!! Our last game for the wiiu was AC Black Flag ><;;;;