Recent Obsessions

June 26th, 2014

I’m back from my week-long trip to London! I didn’t mention it prior to leaving because it was a business trip, and I literally didn’t know my work schedule for it until the day before I left. I kind of went without much of a plan. This was supposed to be an entry about it, but I took a lot of photos and don’t have them ready yet.

So… next time! In the mean time, here are a few things I’ve been obsessed with lately :)

1. Cider
I don’t often drink alcoholic drinks, and that’s mainly because I haven’t found many that I like. I don’t like beer or wine (some are ok, but I don’t enjoy them enough to drink them) and cocktails are hit or (often) miss for me. But ciders! Oh cider, I finally found an alcoholic beverage that I truly enjoy.

Every time my husband and I go to the grocery store now, we try to grab a cider we haven’t tried yet, whether it’s a different brand or flavor. The Woodchuck and Angry Orchard brands are my favorites so far, but I still have a lot of the more expensive ones to go through.

cider_01

2. Shelves
This is an odd thing to be obsessed with, but I’ve been on a cleaning and re-organizing spree, and shelves have been the answer to most organizational problems I’ve had. Within a short time span, I’ve bought and assembled 4 shelves and re-decorated another I already had.

I already wrote about most of them, but I moved one to the guest room, bought 3 for the game room (2 for manga, 1 for photography gear), and bought 1 for the family room. I’m a big fan of the Cubeical shelves! I want more!

3. Blumenkranz
Blumenkranz is a song on the Kill la Kill soundtrack. It’s a song with German lyrics, sung by a Japanese singer, and for a character who often speaks French phrases. (Confusing, right?) I really liked it whenever it came on the show, so I looked it up on Youtube. While reading the comments, I saw people complain about the singer’s pronunciation, and there was mention of how “Paperblossom” does it better.

Disclaimer: The author of this blog does not encourage reading Youtube comments. It is hazardous to your health and can cause huge, inexplicable headaches.

Curious, I looked it up and found Paperblossom’s Blumenkranz cover – a fan-made cover by someone who is actually German. Wow, that is a beautiful cover. I became obsessed and began listening to it multiple times a day, sometimes back to back. Eventually, I got to the point where I stopped listening to it daily, but once in a while, a coworker who is a fellow Kill la Kill fan will message me:

hey cat
hey
have you listened to blumenkranz today?

And then it begins again… (I’ve already listened to it three four times since the start of this entry.)

Anything you’ve been obsessed with lately too?

12 Responses to “Recent Obsessions”

Welcome back from London! Hope you had fun with the business trip :).

Ciders taste better than beer. I’ve finished a bottle of Angry Orchard before; I wasn’t too fond of the first sip but as I went through more sips, I started liking the taste of it. Do you shop at Bevmo? I remember seeing them having a good number of ciders in their inventory :)

I don’t think there’s anything odd with being obsessed with shelves. They make life easier by keeping stuff organized! I’m totally digging the neatness of your things!

Blumenkranz has a lot of twists to the song! It’s almost common to get headaches from reading through youtube comments for a song. Especially the ones for Sean Paul, haha.

As for me, my recent obsession are raw oysters… Or more like craving XD. I don’t know why but I try not to tend to it too much in case I get sick from it :6.

I have never listened to it, but I did see a few episodes of Kill La Kill and it was interesting. I shall listen to that cover. I quite like covers better than most originals. It depends on the artists and how the rendition goes.

Ooh, hope it was a fun business trip nonetheless. The Cubeical shelves are cute! ^.^

• Bhairavee says:

I loved those shelves! They are sooo pretty! I can understand your obsession of shelves!
    Welcome back from London!

I saw your photos on Instagram of your trip to London and I was like “Cat is in England?! OMG!!”. Haha! It’s so cool that you got to visit London with work.

At one point the only alcoholic drink I would have was cider. I’m a particular fan of fruity ciders, with my favourite being Kopparberg.

There’s nothing wrong with being obsessed with shelves. I’m obsessed with organising and having places to store things, like shelves, is exciting. :P

My current obsession is mango flavoured things. Pretty odd, but it’s my new favourite fruit!

I love cider! Try to see if you can find the Woodchuck summer edition ciders – those taste like blueberry juice!
    I’ve been on a reorganizing spree as well, and shelves are definitely on my shopping list. I really like the cubeical shelves as well, but my fiance isn’t a fan of them :(

• Georgie says:

Ah I love cider! I have not heard of the brands you have mentioned though. I usually try different ciders but don’t make an effort to remember a lot of the brands. :(

I love Cubeicals! We have something similar at home. And we had some at my old workplace. I love how things look, and they are such a simple and modern way to organise your things. You can leave some parts empty and it won’t look like it’s got huge blank gaps. And it is easier to store things compared to a larger shelf with larger compartments.

With any song, I tend to get über obsessed with it before I finally move on. I will usually listen to it a handful of times a day, then once a day, then gradually phase out. And it’s likely that I will be reminded of it later and the cycle may repeat. XD

Also, I don’t recommend reading comments on YouTube… it is a blasted waste of time, not to mention half the people who comment on YouTube are intellectually handicapped.

I am currently obsessed with rings, braiding my hair and some local music!

• AnneMarie says:

Welcome back from London! I can’t wait to see some pictures/blogs about that trip! Hopefully, I’ll get a chance to read them. Keeping up with my blogging has been pretty hard since I’ve arrived in the Philippines.

I LOVE cider. THAT STUFF IS SO GOOD. <3

And I wish I could fit more shelves in my room. I like being organized and honestly, my room needs to be organized more.

And things I'm currently obsessed with? Honestly, just traveling within the Philippines at the moment and I'm kind of obsessed with this country. <3 But I haven't been buying much except essentials and lots of foooood. I'm obsessed with the food here. :D I have yet to blog about it because I was out in the provinces but it's been a busy first few weeks!

• Amy says:

Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed your time in “sunny” England!

Did you get to venture out much in London? :)

I love the fruit ciders, they’re so yummy but too many bubbles for my little stomach. >.<

I want more shelves and more space. Possibly an actual home ahaha. It's so hard when you can only afford to rent for the time being. It's like throwing money down a drain :(

Love all of the things you’re obsessed with!!! Especially the Angry Orchard Cider. It is soooo good. I like organization even though my room isn’t particularly the most organized. I’ve never heard the song you linked, but I’ve been obsessed with Lana Del Rey’s new album recently, so yeah I know this whole “repeat on loop” life all too well.

As for beers & wines, I can’t do red wines & most beers myself, so it’s okay. I tend prefer the sweeter alcohols soooo yeah beer & wine (unless it’s riesling or white zin) are difficult for me to finish. It’s alright! It’s not like drinking these alcohol beverages define our adultiness hahaha. Besides, you can make your own cocktails anyway. 80% juice, 20% alcohol.

• Kayla says:

I dunno what it is about cider but I just don’t like it. I’ll always be a beer drinker.
    I LOVE SHELVES TOO. I just love the way things like DVDs and books look all lined up. Ahhh.

• Kalliste says:

I know what you mean about shelves! My boyfriend and I decided we needed a new shelf, even though we have nothing to put in them. So we’ve been obsessing over shelves and wanting to buy all of them.

Currently, we bought a 4 x 4 cube one with a few inserts.. we also have a bonsai sitting in it.. that’s about it :P

OMG you have soooooooooo many Zelda figurines! I want the one of Zant! And it looks like you have two copies of Mario Kart? Hahaha. Sadly, my console games share a shelf with the DVDs and handhelds share a shelf with books due to a lack of room.

I guess for people who prefer the effects of alcohol over the taste, nasty beer is better than cider.

I am obsessed with organizing my game collection lately. I search for screenshots and then crop them to make a list on my blog, rather than organizing them by cover art like a normal person. :P