A work day through photos

July 31st, 2014

I love Tiff’s idea of recording an entire day through photos, so I decided to try the same :) I chose a work day, so all of my photos are either with my phone camera or small camera that I carry in my purse. It was less awkward to pretend I was walking while looking at my phone, when I was really using it to take photos, haha.

I’d like to do this again, perhaps on a weekend when I can carry around one of my bulky DSLRs. I also kind of went overboard on photos. There were many more that I decided not to post since I was almost at 50 photos already… Here is my day (7/29) through photos!

Morning

Work

Dinner

Night

Aahh… I hope that wasn’t too boring! I’ll pick a more exciting day next time :)

19 Responses to “A work day through photos”

I really enjoyed looking through your photos of your day. I’m feeling really inspired to make my own blog post like this. :)

I noticed the little Tom Nook plush in your sewing room. Cute!

• Georgie says:

I do “A Day in the Life” as part of Manda’s A Day in the Life linkup that she started this year. I take photos most of the time but last time I took photos on my phone using Snapchat. xD It’s fun to mix it up a bit. I had to avoid taking photos at work, and used my phone (it does feel awkward taking a photo with my DSLR).

I must say I really liked looking at your photos though, you put in a lot of effort and there are a lot! :P My first impression of your house is that it’s huge, haha. It just looks so spacious in comparison to mine. :)

I love your work environment. We work in an open office space too. I have never worked in a closed office space or had partitions. I wish I had partitions just so I could stick posters and pin things on mine.

Your stationery is so cute! Also, I love your mug. Then again, I have only ever used vim, not emacs. I use a mug for tea, so using yours for water is totally fine. I have seen HTML/CSS mugs that reference coffee but I don’t want to get one because I don’t really drink coffee much, haha.

I definitely have to do this! ^.^ I enjoyed looking and reading what the pictures have to say. I really love this idea that Tiff proposed.

I really like your house! It has some good content in it :D. The thing I like about Texas is that you can buy a better house with the same amount of money than one in California. Gas over in there is cheaper by 50 cents! Though there’s a pretty big gap between the grades. It’s normally a 10 cent gap here.

Your work kitchen looks so neat with all of the cabinets and is that free drinks?! XD. Your cubicle has a bunch of cute stuff. I am digging the notebook!

It’s so cute that you and your husband have a side by side gaming center. Your extra sewing/arts and craft room reminds me that I learned about “woman cave” the other day (a variation from man cave) XD.

Yep, our work gives us free drinks and snacks! Our department also gets free lunch once a week for our weekly lunch meetings :)

LOVE this post! I’d love to try it one day. I wonder if my day would actually be exciting enough!

-OMG you have a LeSportsac purse! ME TOO! Love that company!
    -Your work has such a beautiful kitchen/lunch room! Whoa jealous.
    -I love that you have such a big work space by the window! Hope it doesn’t make you long to go outside though.
    -I really love the open concept of your offices too.
    -Your poor little blind turtle! I think it’s so cute that you have to hand feed him :)
    -Your desktop is the same at work and at home!
    – My grandma does test runs on cheap fabric as well! It seems the most logical way to do it for sure :)

Well it seems like you had a nice day :) Even if your husband was bugging you to play games hehehe

• Jamie says:

I really enjoyed reading what you do in the morning till the end of the day. It seems pretty close to what Georgie, and Manda do for “a day in the life”. I guess everyone has their own versions. However, I do love this concept, your house, and our gas out here in California (especially in some areas where I live) the gas is $3.77. That’s pretty cheap!

Aw :) I’m glad I inspired you to do a neat post! I don’t think anyone would’ve minded seeing more pictures!! I’m so glad you actually remembered to take pictures throughout the day. Loved seeing you feed your turtles!! Dawww they’re so cute I love it.

Also, just to clarify in case more people doing the A Day In The Life thing see this, I didn’t just rip off that concept!!! I did it in 2009. TWO THOUSAND & NINE. I did before that other project. *insert hipster meme* -___-

ANYWAY, back to your post. So excited to see that you really were enthusiastic about this & took so many pictures. I love that your husband kept bugging you to help him with his tournament practice hahaha. So funny. Can’t believe you stole that tissue box too ahahah. That made me laugh. Can’t wait to see your mini Elsa costume!! :D

Ha I did this once, but my photos came out terrible because of how unbelievably dark it is in my house even with the curtains opened. Your house is so … BIG! I’ll spare you from the rest of that lived-in-New-York-too-long rant about how big your office is as well. Oops looks like I started, sorry. XD I actually have no idea what our petrol prices are because I only ride in a car once every few weeks!

I have to ask though … you wake up AFTER 9? What time does your workplace start the day? That’s incredible! Also you seem to be done with dinner and can go onto productive evenings while it’s still bright out … prompts me to ask what time does work end?

Your workplace seems awesome. We aren’t allowed to dress casual except for this summer since we moved to a three-month temporary location where we aren’t seeing clients, and even so I can’t bring myself to wear jeans because everyone else on the streets still look very formal. I love your Hello Kitty sticky notes! I use a pink notepad with flowers and an owl in the corner.

I haven’t played Melee for YEARS! I lost the disk after my mom threw out my Gamecube (might have gone with it, sadly).

Well I’m glad you did an entry like this! Any day that ends with gaming is great and looks like your average day is one of those! :)

We have flexible schedules at work, so people come in and leave whenever they want (as long as it’s reasonable). Some people go in early, so they can leave early to pick up their kids. I personally go in at 10:00am and leave around 6:00 or 6:30 :) It’s pretty nice! The main thing is that make our meetings and deadlines, and that we don’t abuse the system.

Lucky you! I think most people in our office would definitely abuse a priviledge like that (because we all get up at 7AM to get to work at 9) and the company would naturally end up shifting to a 10-7 workday, which is unacceptable to work with our clients! :P

• Leanne says:

Love it!
    A picture does say a thousand words. Makes you realise how many moments in your day if you just sit for a moment.

• Uglyfish says:

This is such a good idea, I might try it on one of my interesting days! Your home is so spacious, it must give you plenty of room to be creative! Your game room looks great, I’d love one. I can’t get over your work though, what a lovely environment that must be to work in! It looks very spacious and fluid, with the moving whiteboards, but not at all enclosing. Your desk especially looks very nice with all the lovely natural light! Good luck with the Elsa costume. Your turtles are so sweet, are they easy to care for?

Turtles are easier to care for than some other pets, like dogs or cats :) Their aquarium requires a lot of maintenance though (frequent water changes and filter cleaning). Turtles also need quite a bit of room! We’ve been looking for a larger aquarium for them.

• Chynna says:

This looks like a fun thing to do! I might have to give it a shot.

Your house looks amazing – different rooms for gaming and sewing. I must have a house like this when I’m older, except instead of gaming it would be a library. :) My mum would LOVE the sewing room. Good luck with the Elsa costume.

Your offices are really cool. We’re moving into a spacious office next week, which is a tad similar. Looking forward to more room to breathe :D Love the Hello Kitty stickers!

• Richelle says:

Wow, this is such a fun post, thanks for introducing and sharing! Wow, you’re only getting up at 9 AM? I have to be in by 9! Your macaron shorts are super adorable, where did you find them? I’m probably going to go on a huge search for them now XD

So cool you have a work kitchen, we only have a microwave. And your work station is awesome, such a huge desk and you get a lot of sunlight, which is also a plus :)

I would love to be able to use my cute post-its but it would be a little unprofessional since I work for a luxury building. -sigh-

I think I might steal this idea from you as a blog post!

The macaron shorts were a gift, but I think she got them at Forever 21 :) I think it’d be cool if you did a day through photos too!

That’s a lot of photos! You’ve certainly were dedicated in taking photos to show us your typical day :D I lack the patient, so I don’t think I’d be able to do all that. Plus, I’m not allowed to be using my phone when I’m with the kids, so photographing my usual day will be difficult. Nor will it be as detailed as yours XD;

• Agent Q says:

Love that open atmosphere in your workplace. While I enjoy solitude, I would not want to be cramped into a cubicle. I would assume your coworkers all do programming-related tasks like you right? I have a friend who worked at Amazon and told me the same thing regarding the open environment. Mad respect.