What I’m Up To, #9

June 21st, 2016

Well, one Anime convention down… more to go! I’m currently catching up on A-kon aftermath and also preparing for more conventions. Here’s what I’ve been up to lately in each of my hobbies.

What I’m Sewing

I was originally going to debut two new costumes at A-kon, but I ended up getting burnt out and not finishing the second one, which is Robin (One Piece) in her Dressrosa outfit. When I wasn’t procrastinating, I was rushing my work, and as a result, I’m not happy with my progress.

cosplay_robin_01

I’m going to start over! I just ordered more fabric (since I used up the one I bought before), and I’m drafting a new dress pattern.

What I’m Photographing

First off, I want to mention that I have a Facebook page for my photography now! It’s mainly for my cosplay photography. I really should have made a long time ago because cosplayers have been wanting to tag me when they post photos on Facebook. Anyway, check it out!

fb_ccphoto

Earlier this month, my company had its annual field day, where we’re split into teams and compete against each other in various activities. Though we hire an official photographer each time, I like to take photos for our team (pink), just so we have more photos of ourselves ;) The tug of war is always my favorite to take photos of!

After finishing those photos, I went back to working on photos I took during A-kon. Like I mentioned before, I did two photoshoots for other cosplayers, and I want to show a few more photos from those shoots! First are ones that I took of Michelle cosplaying Kazuhira Miller:

The second is with Ari, who is cosplaying Ririchiyo (Inu x Boku SS):

(More in this album!)

What I’m Playing

I just finished Unravel, which is a short but beautiful and charming game. You play as Yarny, and it’s a platformer with clever uses of yarn to advance. You can use it to swing on objects or tie things together. As you go through levels, you are seeing memories of someone’s life, and it’s very bittersweet – filled with both happy and sad moments. I really enjoyed it.

unravel_01

Now I’m playing Minecraft again! The last time my husband and I played, we were on version 1.8 and now it’s on 1.10. We started a new world to pick up the latest updates, thus starting the addiction all over again. Though we could have used a previous world, I love starting new ones and seeing what we get. We had a ton of desert and ocean in our previous world, but this time, we started in a grassland surrounded by extreme hills and forests. We also managed to start near two villages.

We quickly reached a point where we are sufficient and can live easily. (Plenty of materials and source of food.) Now I’m working on our new house, which is always my favorite part :D

And that’s what I’ve been up to lately, lots of Minecraft and photography. (Though, I should do less of Minecraft and more of cosplay.) I hope to finish more cosplays and do more photoshoots in the upcoming months!

10 Responses to “What I’m Up To, #9”

• Kya says:

It would be difficult when you get really busy. Hopefully starting over, you will be able to make it to how you imagine it to be. :)

Photos are great. I will make sure I like the page! :D

Unravel looks like a really nice game! I really like games that have unique aspects to them. :D

• Ongaku says:

Yay for finally getting a facebook page for your photography! LOL I joined it pretty quickly or watched or whatever the terms is for that. lol

I’m afraid of my first all over sewing job but I’m determined to do it. I also look forward to making the props with my sister this coming week.

Good luck with the Robin costume!

I wish I could go to one of the cons but I just got to be smart with my finances. At least they started bringing smaller ones to my town. There are two this year so it should be interesting.

• Katy says:

I’ve just liked your photography page – you’re so talented! I really like the 4th picture of Michelle, and the tug of war picture with the man clinging for life over the puddle =p
    I really, really want to play Unravel! It looks like such a beautiful game, but I’m determined to finish The Witcher 3 before I buy any other games.
    I really want to play Minecraft again! I might start downloading it now =p

• Karin says:

Of course you need a Facebook page for your photography! You are so talented and all the cosplayers look great :D
    Good luck with the Robin costume too!

Unravel has been gaining a lot of attention here as it’s developed by a Swedish studio (Coldwood Interactive). They actually have their office in the next town south of where I live. A few months ago I went to a presentation with the CTO of the company. You could tell this game is like their child, he seemed super excited about it :)
    I haven’t played it myself yet, but I’ve heard lots of good things about it and will definitely buy it!

I’m looking forward to seeing what kind of pattern you’ll come up with Robin’s dress! It looks like you can easily go strolling down the park with that outfit :D.

I remembered the annual field day from last year! Tug of war is always a fun game, especially when there are stakes involved (like falling into the muddy pool). Unravel looks like a cutesy game from the picture!

Have fun with your neat-o hobbies ;)

• Pauline says:

I can’t wait to see more pictures from the conventions you go to, I always enjoy them because I’ve never had the opportunity to go here in the UK – there’s very few!

I love Robin’s dress – looking good! Always lovely to see you make these cosplays, it inspires me to make some of my own clothing xD

I’ve liked your Facebook page – you’re definitely a talented photographer! :P

ooo have fun with Unravel, I’ve never heard of it but looks fun! I love playing Minecraft with my boyfriend, seriously it’s so much fun. We always do a challenge of “who’ll survive longest on hardcore mode” at night xD

• Kenny says:

I admire your dedication of your hobbies and interest. I barely have the time and motivation to finish Breaking Bad, heh.

• Georgie says:

Oh god I miss Minecraft every time someone talks about it. It has been too long since I played, I don’t even remember what version it was! I just haven’t had time and I now only have a Mac so I will have to look into setting it up… *embarrassed*

That’s cool that you made a Facebook page for your photography. I thought about doing the same for my blog or photos but I hate Facebook and don’t even have an account, haha.

Ahhh that’s gonna be a cute cosplay! :P I’m looking forward to what you can do with the hat.

That’s WONDERFUL you have a Facebook page for your photography! :)

And lastly Unravel looks like such a cute game! Reminds me of all the yarn games from Nintendo.

Woot for the new cosplaying project! I can’t wait to see how that comes out in the end :D

I think it’s a good idea to have a Facebook page for your photography! That’s a good way to share and spread the word about what you do ^_^

Minecraft is a game I’ve yet to play . . . then again, it just doesn’t appeal to me ^^; Unravel is a game I’ve not heard of. I’ll have to look into that!